Before Garth Brooks wed Trisha Yearwood, he was married to songwriter, Sandy Mahl, for 15 years — and he or she’s telling all about their marriage within the singer’s new documentary.
The story of Garth Brooks’ life will likely be instructed in a two-part A&E particular, The Road I’m On, airing on Dec. 2 and Dec. 3. Along with years and years of success, that may also embody an perception into the not-so-pretty instances of Garth’s life — together with his divorce from Sandy Mahl. While most nation music followers know all about Garth’s present marriage to Trisha Yearwood, many have forgotten about his first marriage to Sandy, and he or she’ll be dishing all about it within the documentary. Before the particular airs, get to know extra about Sandy right here:
1. Garth and Sandy had been married for 15 years. Before Garth launched his debut album in 1989 and have become one of many hottest names in nation music, he married his first spouse, Sandy. The two met whereas Garth was working as a bouncer at a bar throughout his time at Oklahoma State University, and he needed to break up a struggle that Sandy was concerned in. They bought married in 1986 and had been collectively for 13 years once they separated in 1999. More than a 12 months later, the couple introduced that they might be divorcing, they usually formally filed the paperwork in Nov. 2000. The cut up was finalized in December 2001.
2. Garth and Sandy have three children collectively. Sandy is the mom of Garth’s three daughters: Taylor (1992), August (1994) and Allie (1996).
3. Sandy co-founded an animal rehab middle in Oklahoma. Sandy labored as a songwriter whereas she was with Garth, however now resides in Oklahoma, the place she helped begin the Wild Heart Ranch, an animal rehabilitation middle. “Sandy assisted in founding and funding the non-profit so it could expand and grow and be a full-time, all species, all situation facility,” based on the middle’s web site. Her official title is Wildlife Rehabilitator, Vice President & Co-Founder.
4. Sandy by no means re-married. Sandy has stayed single since her cut up from Garth practically 20 years in the past. Meanwhile, Garth wound up marrying Trisha in 2005. “I had been married [to Sandy] 13 months when I met [Trisha],” Garth just lately admitted. “When someone said, ‘What’d you think when I met her?’ I said, ‘I felt like I just met my wife,’ which is weird, right? If we’d gotten married then, either the career wouldn’t have been what it was in the 90s, or our marriage wouldn’t have lasted. So I have to believe that things happen when they happen. I feel very lucky right now where I’m at.”
5. Sandy is a breast most cancers survivor. Sandy survived breast most cancers after being identified with the illness in 2006.